I was in charge of finding her dress and I was so happy when doing some online shopping for other clothing items for her I came across this beautiful white dress ... and the best part? It was on huge summer clearance. I knew with Isabel the dress had to fit two criteria :
1. Not Itchy in ANY way.
2: She could twirl in it.
Happy to say it passed the test.
Here she is before her first wedding. The evening of November 15.
A Huge thank you to her Grammy for taking on the role of seamstress (making the sash for the dress) and hairdresser for this occasion. Our girl was so nervous before her stroll down the short aisle. But she did awesome throwing those white petals on the ground. She made every one laugh at the end when she practically ran to her daddy and hid her face in his lap.
And wedding Number two.
This was on Friday evening, November 20th.
She stayed home from school so it wouldn't be a rushing here, rushing there kind of day. I gave Grammy the day off :) and had her hair done at the hairdressers. I knew I wanted to have her hair up for this one ... a simple braid with a low bun. She looked so so adorable. I must admit! Our Isabel is not one to enjoy any kind of fancy hairstyle. All she begs for when I put her hair up for school is a simple pony tail. Then she yells and "no ribbons or bows" ... because I try to add a little colour in there once in a while.
One of these days I wish she would let me practice some fun styles but alas ... she is very clear that will probably never happen. I believe her.
I lost count how many times she asked me if she could take out the braid during the night. Happy to say it stayed all the way until she went to bed. :)
This one was her Uncle's wedding and since daddy and Uncle J and her cousins AND Owen were also part of the wedding party she was feeling a lot more excited and comfortable the second time around. Yes ... Owen was also a part of the fun this time around. So this will go down as his first time as 'ring bearer'. There were four cute little boys with the role of ring bearer .. it was cuteness overload.
Look at him in his little suit! The cutest!
I resisted taking photos during the ceremony just so I could enjoy it and take it all in but I have to brag about my proud mamma moment watching my kids stand at the altar. They stood up there and behaved so well despite the fact that it was not a short ceremony and there were a few distractions with a fellow little ring bearer getting a little 'wiggly' on the altar steps. Ha!
Proud. Oh so proud!
I never want to forget the way Isabel danced like none was watching at both wedding receptions.
She twirled and she twisted to a variety of songs. I never want to forget her excitement to get into the photo booths. How she beamed at the thought of putting on the funny props and making funny faces as the camera snapped away. Best idea ever those photobooths. Entertainment and forever memories all rolled into one ... this photo loving girl gives them two thumbs up!
And just like that the fun times that is wedding prep and all the chitter chatter that comes along with them has come to an end. And now they become a memory we can talk about for years to come.
Love! Love!












No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile