Presenting the halloween costumes for 2015:
An elephant.
A Bat.
A Gumball Machine.
A Soccer Player.
Around the end of September when people were talking about Halloween. I started asking the question 'what do you want to dress up as'. Without hesitation they each said elephant and bat.
I replied with OK sounds like fun! I knew I wanted to attempt simple-ish homemade versions of each animal.
I showed Owen a few ideas online and that made him even more excited about his decision.
Isabel's choice surprised me a little in the beginning. However our girl knows exactly what she wants and her mind did not change even as she heard all the 'popular' costumes/characters that her friends were going to be dressed in or as.
Then one day in the car ... she randomly tells me this:
"I want to be dress up as an elephant this year because I don't like the scary parts about Halloween. So I want the other people that also don't like the scary stuff to look at my
costume and not be scared.
Makes perfect sense really.
Isabel: You are the most amazing little girl I have ever met. Not just saying that because you are mine but your independence/kindness/uniqueness/intelligence really sets you apart and I truly hope that as you grow those qualities you possess continue to shine. No matter what anybody says.
YOU be YOU baby girl! I know your mummy sometimes needs to be reminded to 'leave you be' but I"m ok with the reminders because you are awesome! So don't you ever forget it!
I was pretty impressed with this little bat's outfit. Thank goodness for the internet for the idea and instructions! I managed to finish the outfit two weeks before he actually needed it so those wings got a lot of use on those two weeks leading up to the big day.
These pics were taken the week before Halloween on our way to a Halloween Party .......
This little bat looked a little sleepy during this costume parade at his school. :)
This was the year Owen was lucky to find Grammy's big collection of vintage halloween costumes and is at the age where they all fit him and of course he looked super cute in all of them. On Halloween night he requested to wear the vintage Red Power Ranger Outfit he discovered among that collection. He was obsessed, even though he as no idea who/what the Power Rangers were. I think the costume was circa 1998/99. There was a funny moment when they were out trick or treating. A lady opens the door and says:
"Oh you are a cute elephant and what are you dressed up as"? Owen stays speechless (surprisingly). Isabel answers with "He is a Power Ranger but ......... we don't really know who they are because we have never even seen the show".
She speaks the truth our girl! Jason and I were in the background cracking up!
And that is a wrap on Halloween 2015. Thanks for the memories little elephant! And little bat/power ranger/dinosaur! :))












No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile