Capturing our summer 2014. Here is the last batch of pics that I love too much and
therefore wanted to share. :).
This summer she gave me some new faces when the camera was out.
Two of our favourite places .. the bookstore and the library. We spent a lot of time at each of them.
We randomly discovered the bookstore had a bunch of different and super interesting activities throughout the summer months and we happened to just be visiting one day when one of those activities was starting. We came back two more times and I loved how interested both kids were in participating!
Isabel discovered her new favourite movie/books : How To Train Your Dragon. We watched the first movie during our summer campout at Atlantis Park back in July and the brand new 'How To Train Your Dragon 2" movie was in the theatres at the same time so Jason took the kids to the theatre one Sunday and she has been a dedicated fan ever since! She spent a good amount of time at the bookstore where they had an endcap promoting the Dragon books ... and two weeks later her sad little face couldn't understand why they had moved them (to make room for something new of course).
I never would have expected her to like it as much as she does but it's so cool that she does. If she could she would have all those books in her collection but instead of us buying them she is learning the lesson of saving money and so far has purchased one of them with some of the change she has found and some she has earned.
Isabel and Owen enjoyed some quality time with a new friend in the form of a dog named Lucy.
We made sure to get our money's worth from our Disneyland Annual Passes. I was quite surprised our passes worked during the last few weeks of August (since we have the most basic pass with a lot of summer blockout dates) so I packed up some food and snacks and we headed off for some fun. When it's just me and the kids and we are in such crowded places like Disneyland I can only handle a few hours before I call it a day. On one of the days one of my favourites 'It's a Small World' only had a five minute wait and that was enough to make my day. Not to mention watching these two in this exact position for the entire ride. Note the arm around the shoulder. His hand on her leg. There was some quiet whispering in his ear as she explained the details of the ride and some very cute excited shrieking sounds coming from him. They make quite a team!
And this sleeping beauty right here! If you know Isabel .. you know this is very rare. She refuses any naps during the day no matter how tired she is. But I guess one or two days over the summer REALLY took it out of her.
June-August 2014 thanks for the fun times!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile