Yep I love Santa and seems like I'm the only one :(
Wednesday was such an adventurous day! It all began with my great plan to go visit Santa at South Coast Plaza ... I always love how they decorate and their Santa always looks great!
Our little Owen begins his day with his usual spit up marathon but we decide to pack up and start the adventure anyway! Five minutes into the ride Owen begins to cry and cry and yell and yell and so we decide to make a stop so I can feed him. Then we are on our way again only to hear more cries from Owen pretty much the entire way to our final destination all while witnessing and hearing him spit up!
The whole time we are talking to Isabel about our upcoming fun visit with Santa while she says "I no want to see Santa"...........
We arrive and head on over to 'the North Pole' I say 'hi' to Santa himself and turn around to see Isabel screaming 'Noooo I no want to see Santa' and holding TIGHTLY onto daddy. Jason tries to take Owen out so at least one of our kids can sit on Santa's lap and ... bam he spits up on Jason's beard and then it runs down his shirt! Fabulous! At that point we realise it's probably not a good idea to have Owen spit up on poor Santa! So we try a little encouragement with Isabel but she is not having it. So we take a break and take some pics outside Santa's little area and well I decide I'll go and sit on Santa's lap myself (hoping Isabel would follow) but nope she wanted N.O.T.H.I.N.G to do with him!! I contemplated getting the screaming kid picture for memory sake but the way she was acting I just didn't want to traumatize her so I skipped it and so after all that one person got to sit with Santa and that was little old me! So I guess it's true Santa photos may just be about the parents after all! :)
Our car ride home consisted of more cries from Owen aaaaallll the way home :( and so we once again have to practice our patience as we realise we were blessed with two babies who don't ride well in car.
Aaaaahhh adventures in parenthood!!
Here are some really cute pics of Miss Isabel at the mall for your enjoyment....







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile