These pics were taken at the Orange County fair during our visit on Friday evening.
We went with another purpose this year .. to get some professional family/maternity pics taken. I really wanted a fun atmosphere to take them at and had seen some cute ones around the blogging, photography world so that's where we had them done. Of course we won't get those for a little while but I made Jason take some quick ones of me (to which he replied "you didn't get enough photos taken today!?) to post up here!
We managed to see the usual farm animals with Miss Isabel and she couldn't resist a pony ride which she thoroughly enjoyed! She was waving and giving us the thumbs up and she went around and around (I loved that it was actually a longer ride than normal).
Alright .. so you want to hear about my spazzy brain?
Well I need to document it so I can laugh about it later ... I'm totally blaming it on my forgetful pregnancy brain!! Gaaaahhh .. I'm so embarrassed!!!
So Isabel and I had a lovely Saturday morning at the library (well the first part of it anyway) .. we got out of the house and let daddy do some handyman stuff. We make our way to check out our fun books that I took the time to pick out especially for Isabel and I notice that I get a spray of something wet down my skirt .. realise my BIG bottle of water is leaking straight through my bag! Good thing we are leaving but it dawns on me my iphone is inside getting soaked!
So I check out the books and try to juggle my wet phone, my books and hold Isabel's hand as we head to the car. Once at the car I let out a little sigh because now there is a car parked next to me and the parking spots are a little tight and with our car having suicide doors (have to open the front door first to open the back and close the back first to close the front) these are the rare moments that make it just a tad difficult to manouver because I don't want to put Isabel in the hot car just yet .. I have to empty my bag of the water first! So I place the library books on the top of the car .. sort out the wet bag, finally buckle Isabel in and then I drive off.
Yep I left the library books on the roof my car!!! I don't remember until I get home and say to Isabel .. you want to read your new library books? And it dawns on me !! I just lost 5 library books.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I go and tell Jason and ..... cry!
How on earth did I manage to do that?
How did no other car honk or alert me? Were there books flying off my car .. where did they fly off at? Gaaaahhhhh!!
So I now wait and hope that they flew off near the library and some (or all) get returned by some nice stranger if not I will be replacing them ... the thought of paying almost $100 for books that I don't even get to keep makes me even more mad at myself!! And not to mention I have a non operating phone.
Jason thinks it's hilarious ... I'm not there yet .. too mad at myself and embarrassed still!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile