Thursday, August 11, 2011

The keys to her little space

Miss Isabel is OBSESSED with keys right now!
Of course they must be a set of 'real' keys .. no toy plastic ones for her! She has one set especially for her .. and so far she is doing good at just going for that one set (instead of grabbing mine or daddy's car keys)
Right now it's all about locking and unlocking the door to her new favourite space .. her new room!
It's so cute to take part in her little scene (and how could you resist her invitation to come in her room with her) and watch her unlock the door for you .. we walk in the room together and once we are in she tells us "I lock door now" and when we ask nicely to be let out she will reply "OK I open door" and she proceeds to 'unlock' it for us and after our 'Thank You' we get the cutest 'You welcome' from her.
It is really adorable to hear!
Sometimes I think she has dreams about her keys during her nap and bedtime because she will wake up and after a quick 'good morning' she will come out and say 'Where my keys' and proceed to look for them. Take for example this morning ... she remembered she had left them in the bathroom and proceeded to go find them! It's pretty amazing the way she recalls things .. I just can't get over it.
I'm telling you these two year old conversations are just so cute! I just wish you could bottle the innocence up so you can listen to it over and over again!

Something else we find so funny is since she is now in her big girl bed and seems to finally be in a good routine of sleeping close to 11-12 hours - she get herself out of bed in the morning and lets herself out of her room and ALWAYS makes sure to close the door behind her. We will be in bed ourselves and hear the door open and just wait for to make an appearance in our room. She comes in clutching her beloved Minnie Mouse and Bailey and with that messy head of hair it's soo funny!
These are the moments I always want to remember and they help put a smile on my face even if I have had a sleepless night!







Oopsie I guess Mummy may of put her pants back to front after a potty break ... Ha! Ha!
I didn't even notice until I saw the pic on here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile