Ah yes .. 34! Every year I am blessed to celebrate another birthday I am still in awe of how my life turned out. Who would have thought really?
I can definitely say that there is a nice sense of confidence that comes after you get over the shock (ahem) of being in your thirties. Take for example these pics above I know for a fact I woudn't have been able to publicly post them a few years ago. I remember being so frikken embarrassed to have my photo taken let alone go back to look at the photo because there was always something I didn't like about myself.
I'm not going to deny the fact that I have looked in the mirror these last few months and criticised myself on the physical differences that come with this whole getting old stuff. Under eye circles and wrinkles anyone? Yep they are out in full force on this face!
But I'm making a concious effort to embrace it. Accept it. Accept Me.
Celebrating 34 years is a blessing that I cannot take for granted.
I think something else that is constantly on my mind is the fact that I am raising a little girl.
A very aware and always asking questions little girl who is watching my every move and listening to my EVERY word (even when I forget she is) so I am well aware of the fact that I am her biggest example. I want to try my hardest to show her that growing older is awesome. Growing older is a blessing.
So cheers to another year of good times, good health and positive vibes!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile