Are you ready for a BIG photo dump?Since we are smack bang in the height of summer around here and I haven't written much about our days I will just post a lots and lots and lots of photos will a few words here and there.
So far though summer can be summarised with these things:
World Cup Soccer ( If you look closely in the photo above you will see a glimpse of a world cup game that was on the TV in the background // Sunshine // Ice cream // Popsicicles // Library visits with lots of Reading .. more than I have in a long time // Park Days // Beach Days // Swim lessons ..........
This girl got brave enough to attempt the monkey bars and this will be the summer that we heard the question " Can you help on the monkey bars" pretty much every day. But of course she has learned the valuable lesson of practice makes perfect and so she is so much more confident today than the beginning of summer.
This boy! Our little water loving cutie.
Eating outside as often as possible.
Thursdays we find ourselves at the pool in the morning for Isabel and Owen's swim lessons and since they are already in their swim suits we pick up some lunch and make our way over to the harbour and play at one of the little beaches. As long as there is sand, water and a container or two to transport the water in the kids are pretty happy. Isabel likes to make me nervous the times she tries to venture a little further out when she is in the water .. of course she reminds me that is a 'good swimmer' as she shows me the roll over technique she is mastering in her swim lessons.
Not a cloud in the sky .....
A couple of times we have spent our days in air conditioning and made use of the cool bowling program .. where the kids bowl two free games every single day during the summer months. The first time I went with just the kids and since it was virtually their first time trying it out ... I spent a lot of time making sure there were no little fingers or toes squashed. They were super excited to grab the ball and do the. whole . thing . themselves. Owen has no problem telling me to 'wait over there. I do it myself'. The second time we went on a Sunday when we had no other plans and since Jason was around I knew the kids would love to go with him too and Jeff joined in the fun as well.
We camped for one night at one of favourite parks on a Friday night in July. It was Jason and Isabel's third year taking part and this year we had friends join us.
Summer Nights ......
There was A LOT of soccer watching this summer .... these guys managed to get of work and watch the games. I tried to catch some of the games at home much to the disappointment of my kids who said 'soccer is boring' and 'put on our kids tv pleeeeeease'. I didn't give in though ... because it's once every four years .. one day you will understand kids! :))
ON. REPEAT.THIS SUMMER!
Stay tuned for the next installment of ... Capturing Summer 2014!
:))

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile