As usual after I leave some time between writing in this space there is a lot I want to catch up on and write about but truth be told I may not get to it so for now I want to write about how we now have a FIVE year old.
I thought I would write this in the form of a letter to our birthday girl.
Dear Isabel,
You are the most beautiful, amazing, kind and sweet five year old. There are times when it feels like we have a five .. going on thirteen year old with that spunky attitude that comes out quite often, not to mention the way you respond to some of the things we say or try to explain .. we find ourselves wondering are you really just five years old? Your imagination continues to astounds us each and every day. Take for example Monday this week, you decided you were going to put on a 'skating party' ... you planned it all out. Took out your skates. Demanded I help you put them on. You packed your water bottle and a snack (a nectarine). Headed out to the backyard. Then it was time for the party which consisted of me and your Abuela (it was her last day of her visit with us) holding your hand as you 'skated' around the backyard. So random yes, but your seriousness in making sure you thought of everything and got in enough practice before your little 'party' began was truly priceless. Listening and watching your little brain at work leaves me speechless sometimes.
The evening before your fifth birthday you were sitting with Abuela while she braided (plaited) your hair to look like Doc McStuffins. I sat outside with you both and told you about the day you were born. I hardly remember what life was like before the day you came into this world and you were put on my chest. You made me a mum five years ago and although these days have been a lot louder and with a lot less sleep they have been the best years of mine and your daddy's lives. That moment we made eye contact through your tiny bassinet five years ago ? Ah yes that memory is very much in my mind forever and ever. You made me a mum and I am forever grateful and forever changed.
Isabel you have a big, compassionate heart and at five years old I am so proud of the little
person you are.
I love you 'bun-bun'.
Love Mummy/Mommy/Mamma.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile