Monday, January 13, 2014

The Week That Was



 In the words of Isabel:
"Mummy's head is sick. Daddy's tummy is sick. Owen and me are just ... sick".
A long week full of sickies in our house it was but we made it through in time to celebrate our favourite guy's birthday on Sunday.

During the worst of Owen's cold on Monday night the three of us were wide awake at 11:33pm .. he obviously didn't have it in him to eat a proper dinner at dinnertime.  So in true Owen form he asked for a midnight snackie (or close enough to midnight).  Daddy suggested an egg?  To which Owen replied "Ahaaaa I want egg".   A fried egg is what he got.  In our bed at 11:33pm.



 I cannot forget about this little piece of excitement that happened Saturday evening.  Jason and the kids leave to find 'Hush' the fish a new tank.  Hush has grown so so much since this day.  That little fish she came home with her is still going strong!  Good thing because Isabel is now pretty attached.
My little family comes home with a new tank and ..... a new fish.  A little black fish .... for Owen. 
Hmmmmm .... Isabel's first words were ... you don't think it's a crazy thing do you?  I guess daddy prepped them that I would think it was a crazy idea.  Ha!  Well putting a fish tank in our little curious two year old's room ... I myself would have waited a year or so.  But that's just me. :))

 The tank is currently residing in our kitchen and to our surprise it seems 'Blacky' the female fish came with a family(!).

As Jason was getting ready to transfer Blacky the fish to her new home .. I ask 'did they give you a bunch of little fish too'?  I guess Blacky was pregnant and there are about 6 teeny little fish swimming around with her.   We didn't think they were going to make it through the night but sure enough they are swimming around as happy as can be. 


We ended our week with horse rides in the morning and celebrating our favourite daddy/husband's birthday with ice cream cake in the evening.  We love you Jason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile