Monday, January 20, 2014

There is always pen and paper


That one day that my awesome girl stopped me in my tracks.  She tends to do that quite a lot lately.  Saying things that I say but don't realise I say and unfortunately it's not always something I would want her to repeat but as they say kids are truly sponges .. they are watching and listening to every little thing that happens around them ... every little thing.

But this one day .. last Tuesday to be exact my girl inspired me.  She showed me what it means to enjoy the moment and really to put things in perspective.  It was during our little adventure to our local zoo and as we left our house I had asked her if she wanted to take her camera along.   Isabel knows just as well as me that a camera is a definite essential to capture your favourite memories so she brought along her trusty pink V-tech camera along for the fun.


Well it's all fun and games until your press the shutter button and bam! You get the 'dead battery' message.  No time for sad faces though because I learnt that as long as you have a pen and paper .. the fun will most definitely continue.  Just ask this girl:



I sat back as she stood in front of the camel (which by they way is her favourite at this particualr zoo), one eye watching her putting that pencil to paper and the other eye on Owen who wanted nothing more than to keeeeeep moving (or running in his case).
But the moment she brought that camel drawing to my attention I was speechless.  It wasn't so much about the artistic ability (of course I think she is the best .. ) but just the way she took it upon herself to make the most of the situation and do what she came to do and that is enjoy this zoo adventure in every possible way. 








Yep that one day my girl stopped in my tracks.  I love her for doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile