Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Australia . Part Two


The one thing I'm grateful about Jason and Owen's sickness is that it happened when it did.  Because by the beginning of the second week we were ready to go on our first mini adventure and they were healthy again to enjoy it.  I think it's safe to say we all really really enjoyed our farm stay adventure! Right?  Thanks for planning it Aunty Claudia!  

About an hour and half drive from our Aussie home is Historic Cedar Glen Farm Stay.  An amazing location where we to got experience a little piece of rural Australia for a few days .. complete with animal feedings, horse riding and milking a cow!  The location was amazing .. it was peaceful, remote and the perfect place to relax while staring at the awesome views.
The accommodation we stayed in was a very spacious queenslander style cottage built in 1901 (!!).
It was seriously a very special, memorable getaway!


We spent a lot of time doing this:


The animal feeding was definitely a highlight .. just ask Isabel. 

But really there are so many happy memories from the 2 nights and three days at Cedar Glen .....
*Oh Mr Brown - the awesome stubborn brown Sheep that made us laugh every morning and evening! 
*I milked a cow for the first time!
*Standing on the balcony at night with absolutely no one around, whispering quietly and looking at the beautiful starry filled sky, Jason with his trusty iphone identifying each star.
*The yummy food complete with a picnic lunch that was always a few minutes away from the house
*Watching my mum take the kids for mini walks to see the animals





I love love this pic with my mum and Owen and the horse and blind foal behind them.  Love!
It was so nice to see that amazing smile on his face! 

There were so many photos I could have included here but I will stop now and end it with these:


Aunty Ericka .. you have to learn how to play 'Rumour has it' for next time. :)


Thanks for the awesome memories Cedar Glen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile