Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend was amazing in so many ways and not so amazing in particular way ... but more on that later.  I have become a die hard scrapbooking fan!  Like huge!  To the point where pretty paper makes me really excited.  I know that may sound so corny.  I have always been been that way.  Pretty and unique stationery, pens .. I have loved them ever since I was in primary school.  So ever since Isabel was about 6 months I have enjoyed sitting down, making a mess which eventually turns into a 'scrapbook page'.   Oh the messes I make!  Don't get Jason started on that pleeease!! Another big reason I enjoy scrapbooking is .. in this digital world I like to do something with my pics instead of leaving them on the computer/phone where noone gets to enjoy them.    

Anyways so there are big names in scrapbooking world that provide amazing inspiration and this weekend I had the opportunity to meet two of them and take a class with them in ... San Diego.  We made a little family getaway out of it and I can say a great time was had!!  We arrived Friday .. went to the hotel and since the room was not ready we headed out to San Diego zoo.  A few into it I think exhaustion may have hit me hard .. I got a weird migraine and just wasn't feeling myself if that makes any sense but I powered on and we took some cute pics of Isabel's and Owen's first trip to the zoo.  I went to bed pretty early that night ... in hopes of getting some good rest and feel better for Saturday.  So from 10am - 5:30 I scrapped away.  My little family spent those 7 hours or so at Sea World!  Thank You Jason!  I have the best husband!  He allowed me to have that time to myself and he took on the adventure of taking two little ones to a place like Sea World.  I was expecting them to be there for a few hours or so but not an entire day!  Isabel and Owen have the BEST daddy!  Yes they do!!!
 From Isabel's reenactment of her day I gathered she had a fantastic time!   She even got up close and personal with some dolphins I hear.


You want to know the not so amazing part?  I lost my camera!! My DSLR camera is gone! GONE!  I know exactly when it happened too! As we were leaving the zoo. I only used it at the zoo on the Friday.  I relied on my camera phone for Saturday.  On Sunday as we were getting ready to leave the hotel I asked Jason if he had seen it .. we searched the car .. nope!  Called the zoo ... nope!  It's gone.  I cried about the photos from the zoo being gone.  I'm just glad that I upload my photos almost immediately after I take them so the only ones I will miss are the ones from Friday. 
So here are some phone pics that were captured over the weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile