I guess I took another break from the blog .. blame it on pregnancy #2.
It's made me exhausted, feeling very 'blah' and with zero motivation to be creative and keep this blog current!
Usually blogging is done when Isabel is napping or at night after she has gone to bed .. these days my nights are spent in front of the tv just being very very lazy!! I'm usually trying to nap myself while she is napping during the day.
I'm hoping I snap out of it soon and really get my energy back which is meant to happen around the second trimester if I remember correctly? I hope it happens soon!
But let's see in the last 2 weeks since I last updated a few things have happened!
After almost two years .. Miss Isabel got to spend not just one but two nights at Grammy's house! Jason decided we were going to Vegas on the weekend of March 26/27 - he told me the news on the Wednesday of that week and that Saturday we were on the road.
I understand Isabel really didn't care that we were gone - she was too busy having fun!
And I must say after almost two years I was more than fine with it ... of course I missed her
a lot .. she is my little sidekick afterall! We do EVERYTHING together :)
But of course Jason and I had a great weekend - I will say it was a very very different visit than our previous ones .. since we were both not drinking! Not to say you need to drink to have a good time but I'm sure you know what I mean! But we saw 2 amazing shows (Cirque De Soleil's Love and The Blue Man Group) - so very different yet so very cool!
Here are some pics captured from outside the 'love' theatre.


It's been an exciting month for Isabel - can you believe she is two months away from being the big 2 ! Gaaaah I can't!!
And in these last couple of weeks she is hitting a few important milestones to celebrate the big birthday. Can you say 'potty training' .. yep we have begun! It's only been one short week but so far so good.
Jason reminds me that she is taking to it a lot better than most kids do ... without going into too much detail here she has actually gone 'number 2' in the potty almost every day since we started last Thursday! Not everyday .. but almost! She has moved on to using 'pull ups' and is so aware of when she needs to go and well sometimes decides to just get it over with in her pull up than on the potty.
One of the funny things she will say is: "I peepee" then 2 seconds later "I All done".
Meaning no need to take me to the potty now!
Good thing the weather in changing and getting warmer because we have gone some days with no clothes on her bottom half to get the training progressing along.
I experienced my very first public tantrum from her on Tuesday ... by myself!!
Note the pic on the top left ... that is after about a 25 minute yelling fit she had while we were out shopping and continued on during the 10 minute car ride home and finally stopped when she saw a 'buggy' (bug) on the driveway.
All because she didn't want to get in her stroller!
I know I know .. there are many many more come!
Wowza!
One of the biggest changes in Miss Isabel this last month definitely has been her very extensive vocabulary.She surprises us everyday.single.day with her ability to understand what we say, explain and teach her and then her attempt at communicating back to us. I love how when she is trying to tell us something .. be it something she wants or something she is reminiscing about .. and we try to repeat what we think she has said - if it's not correct she will say in her cute way 'nooo' and repeat it again and again.
I must say I have been able to understand her at least 99% of the time.
This is definitely one of the moments that is bittersweet .. you don't want her to lose her adorable cuteness as she learns new things but at the same time you want her to able to communicate without feeling frustrated.
Here are some other random things to note about our Isabel:
* Her favourite songs are: '5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the bed' and 'The Wheels on the Bus'
* Her favourite word (and has been for the past 3 months) : 'Snackies'
* She is quickly learning to jump .. it's so cute to watch
* Her favourite activities are to 'colour' and 'paint'.
* She is very very independent .. whenever she falls we ask her 'are you alright' .. her response :
'Nooooo' meaning no leave me alone I can get up!
* She has great manners - she seems to have learnt her Please and Thank You's .. so proud of her! I love how her 'please' sounds like 'Peeeas'.
* One of her favourite tv shows in the afternoon is 'The Wiggles' and in the morning when she wakes up and lays in bed with us it's all about "The Fresh Beat Band", "Spiderpatch" and "Franklin"
* She is a total girly-girl with her dolls/Bailey the Bear and she looks after them so well making sure they are 'alright' and 'nice and warm' wrapping them up in blankets - it's pretty cute and that's a good sign to me that she will be a great big sister! Well .. let's hope so!
Well I think that's enough ramble for one post.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile