Gaaaahh .. just thinking about what I'm about to write makes me a little emotional.
I want to document it though so that I don't forget!
Friday night was not one I would like to experience any time soon! I thought it was going to be a long night when Isabel's nose started running - she has a cold again!
I was prepping myself for it after listening to her constantly sneeze for most of the day. So I put her down to bed with no problem only to have her wake up two hours later - we all know how annoying a stuffy nose is when you are trying to sleep! So I got ready for bed myself and took her to bed with me. Well it was a few hours of tossing and turning with her trying to find a comfy spot to lay down. Poor thing was delirious! But I wasn't expecting what happened at around 1am - she went into an complete uncontrollable fit/rage. She got up suddenly and just cried and yelled and cried and yelled - when I tried to pick her up she just squirmed her way to the floor and layed on her stomach and tossed her body from her tummy to her back so many times all while still crying uncontrollably. She dragged herself all over the bedroom, under the bed and even into the hallway. I have never been so worried/anxious/stressed and scared in my life - it made it worse that I was home alone since Jason was out of town.
Of course I called him hysterically and as he always does he did great to calm me down and as soon as I relaxed I sat down and calmly got her attention. Isabel finally managed to stand herself up and hold onto the crib - I was sitting in the rocker and asked her "is it your belly"? I had noticed she was putting her hand to her stomach and since she knows exactly where her belly is I asked that question. She looked at me put her hands out and began to walk towards me - and for the next hour or so she sat on my lap - slowly breathing at a normal pace again as I read to her and gave her some tummy medicine. We tried to go to bed again and after another hour or so she finally closed her eyes and went to sleep. And so did I. Phew!!
I was so relieved when the morning came - I'm going to say that it probably was stomach pains - I just can't figure out what could have caused that.
Saturday day/night was so much better! She stayed in her crib the entire night!
Another 'Phew'!
Moving on to more positive things..... my little/big baby is 16 months old - Friday night's events were not a good way to celebrate but none the less a happy 16 month post will follow.......
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile