Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Her Name is Ginger


I thought I would write a blog post about our new member of the family.
Simply because I have a feeling I will acquire quite a collection of photos with this new member as the year goes on.   She is all Isabel and Owen talk about and if it was up to them they would spend all of their waking hours (that they are not school) with her.

Her name is Ginger.
Or Gingy.
Or Ginger Honey Muffin Lambert.
Or Little Lady, 'LL' for short.
She arrived as a gift for Isabel and Owen on Christmas morning.
She is this cute, furry little guinea pig.

The kids LOVE her.
Since there isn't going to be a family dog anytime soon this was the perfect first official pet for these two.  Something to call their own and take care of.
I have to admit though .. thank goodness for their daddy who seems to be content educating himself on all things guinea pig including the best bedding and cage and toys and carrier (!??).
Fun Fact:  Guinea pigs poop A LOT. A LOT.  I had no idea!!

Isabel the happy little shopper that she is,  lights up whenever a suggestion is made about going out to buy Ginger this new toy or that new something something.
The guinea pig may or may not sometimes be used as a little bribing tool when we want the kids to let's say ... finish homework/ or do her 15 minutes of daily reading / eat their breakfast at a faster pace / stop fighting ... or whatever else comes up.

We hope Ginger likes her new home and owners because they are pretty much in love with her.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile