Saturday, October 10, 2015

And Then He Was Four


My baby boy turned four last Friday.
Yep another year zooming on by and I must admit it's been quite a year for our energetic, independent, OPINIONATED, loud and super sweet little boy.

Owen :  You are getting bigger!  Which is what you want so badly.  To be the 'big boy' so you can do all the things everyone around you is doing.  You want to be taller so you can ride the rides everyone else is riding.  You want to be bigger so you can watch all the 'scary' grown up shows.  But your mamma is more than OK with keeping you away from that as long as possible.
Four is going to be a good year. I just know it.  You are learning so much about the world around you.  It's so awesome to watch you get excited about everything you see.  You love to read.  Give you a book with dinosaurs/monsters/zombies/creepy crawly things and you are one happy boy!
At four years old you give the best hugs and kisses!  No matter what please don't ever stop giving those away.

Talking about monsters when he was asked what kind of party he wanted his response was
"A Slimy Monster Party' and so I tried to make those slimy monster dreams come true.
And with the help of his Grammy and Daddy I think it was a success!  Thank you both for your help ..... always! :)





He woke up to balloons in his room and pancakes for breakfast on his actual birthday but because of a little fever the day before he didn't get to celebrate with his school friends that Friday which was a little sad.  However his special day continued with some Mac and Cheese for lunch and dinner at Rubios that night (all of his requests).

He had been counting down to his birthday party for the last month.  I would tell me the number of days left and his response was always "is that a lot" ?   He really just couldn't wait to hear the Happy Birthday song be sung to him!   Wow!  When that moment arrived this birthday boy could not wipe the smile off his face!  It almost looked like his cheeks were hurting from all that smiling.  All I kept thinking was .. this makes every bit of planning so worth it!




I found a super simple recipe to make the 'slime' here and the kids and I made a big batch of it two days before and brought it out on the day of his party.  I think I found my new favourite activity to do with them.   Thanks to daddy the kids were entertained for quite some time with a few nerf guns and the shoot the monster game (see above).   Those scary monster faces were courtesy of big sister!





 

 Happy Fourth Birthday Owen!  
We Love You!  You make our lives louder and more fun then I ever could have imagined!  
We can't wait to see what adventures you get up to this upcoming year! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile