The last three years when I have gotten the question: what do you want to do for Mother's Day I have answered with : a picnic at the beach. This year was no different.
Jason picked some Lee's Sandwiches, I packed up the blanket and some beach toys and we spent a few hours at Seal Beach just relaxing and watching the kids fight over sand toys (ha!). But I let Jason take care of their bickering that day. :)
Jason let Isabel take complete control of my amazing homemade gift this year and she decided by herself she wanted to make me a blanket. She picked up the fabric with her daddy and on the Friday night before Mother's Day I was not allowed to be in the living room while daddy was at the sewing machine taking direction from Isabel and my awesome new favourite blanket was created.
Then of course there are the awesome things Owen brought home from preschool. It will be a sad day when those don't come home anymore. How can you not love those painted hand prints?
Being a mother is without a doubt the hardest but most fulfilling thing I have ever done.
These two little humans make me a better person/ teach me so much/ remind me to enjoy the little things/ remind me to smile more. The days are sure long but without a doubt the years are short. Yes sir that is oh.so.true!
I hope it was a Happy Mother's Day for all the mammas in my life both here and Australia!
Thanks for letting me have a great day husband! xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile