Tuesday, October 8, 2013

He is TWO !



And then our baby was two and that officially means no longer a baby right?
A little boy who is happiest watching a trash/rubbish truck driving by, playing with his aeroplane/trains, watching anything that has to with aeroplanes/trains, leaving little messes and getting up to little boy mischief.

He woke up on his special day to a bunch of balloons gathered on the floor in his bedroom.
He was making the cutest sounds when he woke up and spotted them but I always want to remember the adorable voice that said 'oh cooooool'.  Imagine those words said in the sweetest baby voice!  The cutest!  Still half asleep Jason and I both heard that so clearly we had to giggle.


We celebrated with the simplest of gatherings.  If I'm going to be completely honest I didn't have it in me to make a big celebration .. I just couldn't master the energy to do it all.  I know Jason is going to comment at that last sentence because he suggested we would take care of it all but I just wouldn't be able to let go completely .. there has to be some 'cute' and 'Jenny' in whatever we planned. He!

So a last minute family gathering ended up being the perfect way to celebrate our Owen and as long as he had cake I'm pretty sure he was happy with however we celebrated.


I have a teensy weensy feeling we have a some very interesting (aka exhausting) months/years ahead with Mr Tenacious.    I'm not going to lie .. some days his VERY strong willed tendencies leave this mamma in desperate need of some quiet time.    At the same time he has the sweetest little personality.  He is Mr Friendly and it's very common to see him make friends with random kids within seconds of meeting them.   You ask him for a hug and this is what he does:


That Face!  That Smile!  
Oh Owen we love you very very much little boy.
Happy 2nd Birthday!  


And he ended his special day probably the best way possible.
Eating cake, watching his 'choo-choos' and simply relaxing just as a big boy does.

(Pic taken in bad lighting).

And I had to include this pic from the day after Owen's birthday .. there are many uses for a #2 Balloon it seems.  One of them being lassoing your daddy and dragging him around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile