Monday, August 5, 2013

You Know What?



She is only four but sometimes it feels like I'm talking to a girl far beyond her four years.
That imagination of her is working at full speed and there are moments where I can't catch up.   I find myself nodding my head and responding 'oh really?' to one thing but she has already moved on the to the next topic before I finish asking questions about the first thing she told me.

Lately the words "You know what" are overheard more times than I can count every. single.day.
Those words are then followed up by a story of her pretend anteaters/or pretend kitty/ or pretend doggy.  They always follow a random topic that we have just been talking to her about.
For example we could be at the dinner table and I could say Isabel eat your veggies and then ...  "You know what? My pretend kitty he says he doesn't eat zucchini because it tastes yucky to him".
Or I could say Isabel it's time to go please put your shoes on and she says "You know what?  My anteaters like don't like to wear shoes".

I find myself smiling big and then laughing at some of the fun stuff her anteaters/kitty and doggy get up to.

There have been times where Jason and I have been together .. usually in the car and she will give us a 'you know what' story and we both look at each other and smile and shake our heads at the amazingness that comes out of her mouth.

Many times those stories are told as a way of getting out of something she doesn't want to do especially if it involves cleaning her room or putting things away. 

Those stories are special. She is something special.  I hope that creativity leads her to great great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile