Saturday, August 31, 2013

This Year we went three times!



SIDENOTE:  The Fair has been and gone .. I have been wanting to share these pics for the last 3 weeks.  Finally got a moment to do so.  Yahoo. :))

Three times we went to the Orange Count  Fair this year!
Still can't believe we made that happen but we did and it was a fun time all three times.
I'm not going to lie that place can get pretty expensive if you manage to squeeze in a lot of rides and games not to mention the food but we were lucky that the animals, petting zoo and good old people watching still keeps our kids and us big people entertained.   Isabel asked a few times for some games but she was distracted away from them pretty quickly so we kept on moving. 
Remember last year is when she got her fish?   'Hush' the fish is still going strong in case you were wondering. :))

The first round we made a 'date night' out of it. Just Jason and I.  We went the first week it opened and enjoyed .. like actually enjoyed some drinks without rushing and taking turns pushing the stroller or running to catch a run away Owen.   Jason somehow convinced me to ride with him in his 1978 Nissan Z Car.  I was hesitant.  Mainly because that thing is teeny tiny and hasn't been driven in a while.  We pull into the parking lot at the fair and smell smoke and then he says the car's brakes are not working properly.   What?  That's why I was hesitant!  We managed to get home safely thank goodness but sometimes my crazy paranoia might actually be more right than wrong. Ha! I guess it did make for a good story right?  That's why I'm writing about it right here right now.


Jason may argue that more money was spent on photobooth pics than anything else .. yes they get $6 (!) for these tiny photos.  They raised the price this year. Darn it.  We managed to get a pretty cute family pic during one of our visits.  It's the memories.  That is why I do it.  That's what counts right?

When I snapped this pic below I was right in front of the 'Australian Battered Potatoes' stand.   I believe these are equivalent to the Aussie scallop potatoes except Americanised as they are served with typical American dips like ranch.  I love that they play Aussie music .. at this exact moment I managed to catch the end of 'Hot Potato' by the Wiggles and 'Tie me Kangaroo Down' by Rolf Harris.  Seriously #aussiesrepresent. 


Round Two was on a Wednesday evening.  Probably the shortest visit of the three.  That had a lot to
do with the horrendous parking situation that had us waiting in traffic a lot longer than expected and then having to park a fair distance away but we enjoyed some chocolate covered strawberries, went on pony rides saw some farm animals and of course the kids were happy as could be!



And our final visit for 2013.  Are you ready for the all of these pics?  I took my big camera along on this visit and this is the fun that I captured.    


We went earlier during the day and got to do things like face painting!  And one more photobooth pic ....

And while some enjoyed the enormous food items the fair is known for .. some of us are more into the sweet stuff!


And of course spent some time with some cute farm animals.  
I'm pretty sure the highlight were some cute piglets ... both the ones that race and the tiny and new, just days old ones that both Owen and Isabel just couldn't get enough of!
Check them out sleeping so soundly all huddled together in the corner.


So after all that fun time there is only one thing left to say:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile