Back in January I was flipping through the "Zoo Noos" magazine published by the San Diego zoo that is sent out to annual pass holders and something caught my eye. 'The Roar and Snoar' one night camping adventure at the Safari Park especially catered for 3-6 year olds looked like something Isabel would absolutely enjoy. She is into all things animals these days so I put the idea out there to Jason .. why not skip the birthday party and make this part of her birthday celebration this year. Knowing me I would probably spend just as much on the party as this little adventure cost. Ha! So last Friday and Saturday we set out to San Diego for some zoo fun.
We left little brother at home with Grammy and Pappa ... I wanted to make this all about Isabel and it wasn't the type of place to be chasing after our own unable to sit still little monkey. But wow it was weird not to have have him there. Jason and I both found ourselves wondering at different times where he was. While were standing in line waiting to order lunch I started thinking about what I should order for Owen. Ha! Ha! We invited two of her buddies (and their parents) to share in the fun and .... FUN is what these cuties had!
Check in for the camping part wasn't until late afternoon on Friday so we spent the the early part of the day exploring the Safari Park. As always our little explorer likes to take control of the map and decide on what she wants to do / see. It makes for much more slower paced visit but she was happy and that's all that mattered. :))
(Notice she wouldn't even let go of the map to take this photo below)
Those binoculaurs stayed around her neck pretty much the whole two days and it was pretty cute to see here look through them every few minutes.
If you asked Isabel what here favourite animal was 99% of the time I'm pretty sure should would answer 'camel'. So imagine her surprise when she was able to watch this guy up close as he was being walked back to his enclosure. She was a happy girl.
We met up with Tyler and his mum and dad late in the afternoon ... just in time to start the camping part of the adventure ......














No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile