Sunday, April 28, 2013

18 Months


The other day Jason tells me how he went through the photos that are labelled 'Monthly Pics' (see the list on the left hand side of this blog) and he tells me how cute it was to see the changes in Owen as the months passed (so much faster than Isabel I feel like..crazy).  It seems I stopped at 10 months ... then jumped to 14 months after his first birthday but he just recently turned 18 months at the beginning of April so I thought I write a little update before this month is over.  There was no official photo shoot done because well I seemed to stop after 1 year I guess so these photos are Owencuteness from the last few weeks.

18 Months!  Wow! 
He is still our little guy.    On the smaller side for his age but this boy is all boy with zero fear and the most awesome personality to make up for his size!
He will climb on anything and everything.  He can now reach our door handles and let himself in any room (Yikes!).  This age is a little tough for us and him I must say,  simply because he has so much to say but doesn't have the words and so there is a lot of frustration, and yelling and crying from him and in his frustration he has been known to hit and scratch. 



He still LOVES to eat!  He surprises us with how much on a daily basis. 

When it comes to meal times he has become extremely independent and wants to eat just like we do.
This means having his own plates/bowls/spoons.  One thing that we have come to realise recently is he doesn't like to have his food cut up anymore.  I have the perfect example from two nights ago .. we had homemade hamburgers.  Usually we cut up the meat into tiny pieces (because he likes to shove a huge handful in) and he did his usual pointing and yelling (in frustration) so Jason says just give him a big piece and see what he does.  Sure enough that is all he wanted!  Mr independent held the big piece of meat and took bites from it ... of course we still must be watching that he doesn't try to chew more than he can handle.



He has two big obsessions right now:  One is Technology (iphone or ipad).  It still amazes me how kids so young can grasp these electronic devices.  Crazy.  
His second obsession is water.
After eating his breakfast/lunch/dinner his favourite four words are 'Go wash your hands' because that means he can run (and he definitely runs) to the bathroom, climb the step stool and play in the sink.  Just like this:


At 18 months this boy is a non stop ball of energy who likes to scare his mumma when he climbs on the couch and runs up and down.
At 18 months he is a curious little boy who would much rather be wild and free than be his mumma's shopping buddy.  I get it son. I get it. :))
At 18 months he wants to be part of the action.  Whatever that may be.
At 18 months he is one loveable, hugable little boy.
At 18 months you have the cutest way of showing how excited you are to see your daddy walk through the door when he comes from work.  I never want to forget the way he yells 'DAIIIDDY'
At 18 months he is his sister's best buddy.  These kids of ours seriously melt my heart with how sweet they are to eachother.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile