Friday, September 7, 2012

A Big Week of Firsts

Wowzers! The first week of September has come and gone and with that this big week of first for Isabel has ended.  Our big girl went to her very first ballet class on Tuesday!  It was a big success!  She loved it!  This was the very first class for this season at the dance school and she happened to be the only one enrolled at that time!  So .. she got a private lesson and until more kids start to enroll I guess it will just be her and her teacher.

Jason and I found ourselves smiling and laughing at how cute she was!  She got started without any issues .. listened to her teacher show her the different moves but towards the end she was making friends with the water cooler and kept going back for a 'drink of water' more times than she should have!  Then as her teacher asked her to lay down for the last part of class she was refusing to do it and ran up to us, giggled a little and ran back to the teacher and she was just kind of doing random things.  We are not sure where that came from .. tired? shy?  Like her teacher said when there are other kids she will have more to focus on. 

Then Wednesday morning she attended preschool for the first time (Aussie family note:  This is actually kindergarten .. preschool and kindergarten are swapped here in the US - not sure why.  I still wonder why that is because 'preschool' makes more sense before actual school right?  Anyways .. she is going to kindergarten).    That morning was a bit of a blur for me and too much happened too quickly so I didn't take any photos but I want to remember our conversation with Isabel in the car on the way to drop her off.  I asked her if she was excited she was going to make new friends .. her response : "Yes but I might be a little shy and I might talk a little bossy".  She is so funny!  

First day = SUCCESS! Yahoo she loved it!  It's funny because we didn't even kiss her goodbye.  We walked in with her .. met her teacher .. I put her change of clothes and water cup in the bag they provide in the cubby area.  We said bye and walked out.  Of course we didn't want to make our departure a big deal and you know something?  She didn't even look back!  She was ready!

And just like that our lives just got a little bit busier. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile