Our friends chose this months restaurant - Habana in Costa Mesa. Oh my gosh Cuban food is soooo good! I had eaten it only once before and I must say this restaurant is more on the 'fancy' side so probably not 100% authentic but still really delicious! I was looking forward to the plantains .. I'm pretty familiar with them .. we definitely ate our fair share of 'platanos' (as they were more commonly pronounced) in our house growing up :). They didn't disappoint .. I had the 'ropa vieja' - shredded beef with lots of spices served with platains, rice and beans .. yep I love my rice and beans! Ha!
The four of us were pretty content with our meals and we had to finish it up some fried plantains with ice cream. Oh my goodness I can't believe I didn't take a photo but I'm pretty sure they use the biggest plantain (or more like a banana) they can find for this dessert!!
I love the location of this restaurant .. despite the lack of parking .. there are some amazing backdrops for cool pics! We had to get some 'romantical' (or some may call it awkward) pics after dinner (see last pic below).
NOTE: Yes I do realise what this may look like but please look beyond that because it tasted amazing! :)





1 comment:
Yummy! I want to try that food!
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile