Wednesday, August 31, 2011

O My Gawsh!

Isabel is a BIG time parrot these days! Repeating EVERY little word that she hears and her pronunciation is amazingly clear!
There is no word, statement, exclamation that she doesn't repeat hence why I put my foot down when I hear someone swear if she is around. I can just envision being out in a public place and her exclaiming some bad word and trying to cover it up somehow. It's envitable I know but I would rather avoid it for as long as I can! I had a minor moment the other day at the sweet baby shower the girls from Stroller Strides gave me and one of the four year old girls starts to cry (it was a typical toddler dramatic cry but none the less) I hear Isabel yell "Sssshh" "Stop Crying!!" She said it with so much passion .. there was a little anger in her voice. That was an exact imitation of what we say to our dog Penny when she gets a little very irritating when she constantly barks. It was funny and not so funny at the same time! I have no doubt we will be hearing that from her often when baby comes and she hears him crying ....


Anyways one of the statements she is repeating on a daily basis is "O my Gawsh".
Yep pretty sure she got that one from me.
I captured these pics from earlier this week when I treated her to an ice block (popsicle). As soon as she saw me come around the corner into the living room (she was already comfortably positioned on the couch waiting for me) with it in my hand she said "O my gawsh" .. complete with that adorable face! I couldn't stop laughing.
It doesn't even sound like a two year old saying it .. definitely more like a big, big girl.
She says it all the time .. and always in the right context! She has us laughing so much!
"My baby girl is growing up .. OH MY GOSH"!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile