This pregnant lady agreed to spend her weekend in 116 F temps .. my trusty temp converter tells me that is ..... are you ready for it ... 46.67 degrees celcius (for my aussie fam). Well the good news is I survived and didn't complain tooo much! We left for our hot adventure on Friday morning on what ended up being a 4 hour car ride after our rest stops to use the toilet and stretch our legs. I followed the rules! Thank goodness for air conditioning though! I did venture out the second day and got myself and the baby bump wet to cool down and the rest of the time it was indoors with a bottle of water close by for me! Isabel had a great time once she adjusted and decided splashing in the water, playing in the dirt and collecting rocks was in fact a lot of fun (because the first attempts in the water she was not liking it at all ... ) and the people watching at this place is always entertaining! It was cute to watch Miss Isabel play 'hi and seek' with her cousins. After the first night of fun everytime she spied the blanket she got so excited yelling at everyone 'I play hi and seek'.
Monday morning we headed back home to the more 'normal' 85F / 30C and that evening enjoyed a fun neighbourhood fireworks display to mark the end of 4th of July 2011.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile