Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Quite the girly girl

I'm thinking Miss Isabel is sure to be quite the 'girly girl' . She certainly is developing a love for shoes that's for sure.
We headed out to the Orange County Marketplace this weekend and had to stop at one of the places that had some cute kid's shoes - she is rapidly growing out of her current ones so I stopped to browse and we left with not 1 but 2 new pairs!
Daddy just couldn't resist these bright, shiny red ones - yep you read it right - daddy picked these out ... so if she does end up with a shoes obsession we can blame daddy! He! He!

From the moment we got home with the red shoes Miss Isabel has made sure she has them close by and gets very excited when I start to put them on her feet.



Another purchase I made at the marketplace was a nice stack of vintage children's books. I have developed quite a love for all things vintage but especially classic books. The majority will definitely be added to Isabel's library but I also see cute scrapbook layouts being made with the adorable pics that are just so ... well... classic. :)
I was so happy when I found this vendor - they have a huuuuuge collection of books and I got talking to the lady who sells them and come to find out she will only be there for another 6 weeks!?
So I will have to collect as many good ones as I can before she leaves. I mean for 25c - 50c per book you just can't beat it!

These are two of my favourite ones I found this weekend.
I just had to grab that koala book - the story is about a little koala who gets lost from his family after falling out of its gum tree and goes through some fun adventures - meets a little aboriginal girl and flies on a plane and parachutes back home. Funny but cute! Love it!!

Now I just have to nicely ask my most favourite handyman of all time to build me some toy chest/book case/s of some kind so that our living room doesn't get overtaken by these books! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile