Monday, August 16, 2010

A weekend of ups and downs

It has been a weekend of ups and downs - literally - for Miss Isabel.
The exciting/up/down part - she is officially a WALKER!
I don't think I have stopped smiling as I've watched with pride as she stands, then wobbles, then balances and then ... simply put .. walks (without holding on).
It began Saturday and hasn't stopped. Of course she still has her uncertain moments that sees her back on her hands and knees but she has been doing so so well at this new skill.
It's pretty amazing! I now understand the pure excitement that is felt watching your own child walk for the first time. I can't get enough of it.

On the down side - since last Wednesday she has had a slight runny nose I assumed it was those pesky teeth causing her issues again and I was praying it would be short lived but come Saturday afternoon - it had taken a very strong hold of her. Watery, puffy eyes - constant sneezing and coughing. I was not looking forward to night time.
Saturday night was really really rough - safe to say the three of us had very little sleep (if any). I was up just listening to her cough and cough and cough and try to breathe through a very congested nose! And come Sunday morning .... we all looked pretty scary!

Today was definitely a better day - having a good sleep on Sunday night helped immensely!!
So needless to say it was a low key weekend for us.

I was lucky I got to check out the unique oc craft fair for a couple of hours Saturday morning.
That made me a happy girl! I love all the creativity out there!

Enjoy some pics of our walking girl captured Sunday morning - while she enjoyed being outside despite not feeling good.

** Warning : Pic overload **

The video is from today (Monday).

















Sick .. but still smiling . Love Her.

That bear given to her by Abuelo seems to be a constant
companion these days








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What Video?

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile