Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good food and good hugs





I had been looking forward to this all week.
It was the OC foodie fest on Saturday.
All I knew was there was going to be a bunch of food trucks with foods to sample (which in all honesty I wasn't familiar with at all - had heard about them but never seen one), some crafty sellers (yay), music, and a beer and wine garden (yay - from Jason) and I convinced Jason to buy the tickets asap - so he did!

We got there and it started off a bit rocky with them running out of sample bags that we were supposed to get with our 'vip' tickets we paid extra for and then it seemed like the operation of the whole thing was not too smart. I was staaarving - I skipped breakfast somewhat intentionally since I would be sampling food all day. I realised standing in a long line waiting for food when you are starving isn't the best idea!

But ... once the food had settled and I had a glass of wine all was good again!
It was actually a great day!
I could not believe the unbelievably long lines at some of these food trucks - again I had no idea about their popularity and the fact that people follow them around as they drive from location to location. Wow?!?

On this day Isabel showed she can now give out hugs when we say 'hugs' or 'can I have a hug' ... a nice, tight, real hug! Love it!

p.s I am just now getting around to posting this blog entry - I had it written and saved since Sunday but I got busy with 'stuff'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile