There really is no reason especially since I still stare at the computer screen every night as soon as Isabel goes to bed and during nap times (yes they are back!) and just love to be inspired by the countless craft blogs out there!
But I am full force back into something I did years ago and am loving it so much more now... scrapbooking! Now that Isabel is in our lives of course 98% of the pages I have been doing are all about her and her many first, adventures, trip etc ...
but I just realised that we take so many amazing photos and there is no point to have them be inside a computer for noone to see and more importantly I'm doing it so that Isabel will always have a momento she can admire for years to come.
It's amazing how far the scrapbooking world has come and this may sound corny but it makes me happy to visit my favourite scrapbooking store in Irvine and just stare at paper and the huuuuuuuuge array of embellishments that people have designed!
So that's why you haven't got your share of Isabel pics but this is like my digital scrapbook so never fear I will always update!! :)
And I almost forgot to mention ... I had used our dining table as my craft table for too long.
It got to the point that my messiness just couldn't be tolerated by Jason ... or myself!
The small size and round shape really didn't give much inspiration to create. Not to mention it made me anxious now that Isabel is so active and into everything.
Enter my amazing husband who decided to transform our spare room into a mini craft are just for me. So this past Saturday morning he set out to his favourite store - home depot to buy the supplies to make me a great table .. it's big, it's rectangle ... it's perfect for me! I came home from a mini play date with Isabel and our friends and was surprised to see our dining room table clean and spotless! Jason took it upon himself to transfer and organise all my paper, tools etc.. by himself!!
Made me :)
There is still some work to be done like get some shelves up and decorate the walls a little to my liking but I love my little space!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile