Despite the distance Isabel was amazing on her first and very long plane ride to her second home!
She slept approximately 7 or so hours in the beginning of the flight and managed to just fit in the snug plane bassinet. As usual she managed to put a smile on the faces of strangers .... as other passengers and air hostess' clapped and played with her throughout the plane ride. I must admit the 13 hours didn't feel too long at all despite my own lack of sleep.
As I write this she has taken 3 plane rides total including 2 small ones within Australia and it's been a lot easier than expected.
We've been having a great time catching up with family and doing a little touring at the same time. Aunties, Uncles and Grandparents are enjoying Miss Isabel and smiles are abundant on Miss Isabel's face. Even a cyclone during our visit to Hamilton Island could not stop our fun - while Jason and I tried very hard to sneak in some rest during a exciting and nervous night while we waited and then listened to the heavy winds and rain ... we heard not a peep from Isabel as she slept through the entire thing!
That was definitely an anxious time during this trip but our amazing accommodations didn't experience much damage ... thank goodness! We have since come to realize that wasn't the case for other areas of the island. No doubt that will be a story to tell for years to come.
The official 'touring' time is slowing coming to an end (sadly) as we plan to fly back to Brisbane tomorrow and spend some extra quality time with family.
The last few weeks have been extremely memorable and I can't wait to recount the fun in years to come and talk to Isabel about the amazing place where her mum is from and where the rest of her family lives. She has been a fabulous world traveller ... I'm so lucky we have the best baby!
Our Isabel is officialy 10 months and continues to amaze us with her beauty, intelligence and unique self.
I've enjoyed watching her get close with my family and snuggle in and give them her unique kisses complete with a little nibble and then watch them screach in pain and then laugh about the little bite marks she has managed to leave on their nose, arm or finger.
She has become an expert at waving her cute little hands ... and is quick to imitate anyone who gives her a wave 'hi' or 'bye' ... I love how everyone responds when they see her do that.
You could say it really melts my heart.
Her Abuela is teaching her to blow kisses and just like everything else she does it backwards but she is a quick learner!
She is a fabulous eater our Isabel ... always willing to try anything that is put near her or in her actual mouth. She has mastered grabbing and feeding herself the baby puffs that she jumps up and down for when I shake the container. Her cute little body is quickly filling out and her adorably 'chunky' thighs are 'oh so cute' I could kiss and snuggle them all day!
She is an expert 'scooter' ... she loves to lay on her tummy and scoot around the floor - she is still not a crawler ... she is lifting her body up but hasn't quite figured out the crawling technique.
Diaper changes are a lot more interesting now that she doesn't like to lay still and instead will flip, flop numerous times so I'm very quickly learning to do it at a more rapid pace!
You are just so much fun miss Isabel - happy 10 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile