
Why are we sick again?
Yep you read it right. Isabel is now onto her 3rd cold for the season or could be still on the second which she probably never really recovered from ... I don't know all I know is again I have watch her be so helpless as she coughs and coughs ..... and coughs while she tries to sleep at night and during her naps! And as I try so hard to turn my face when she coughs with spit flying everywhere but it's to no avail because I feel myself catching it again!
I understand colds and getting sick is to be expected and part of life now that we have a child ..... but I guess this constant cold thing that keeps going around and around in our house has really taken it out of me because it's coupled with the already lack of sleep we were getting and now I just feel so gosh darn exhausted!! Not to mention I'm trying to hard to fit in a workout in between this sickness and I guess .. well ... I'll admit I may be over doing the exercise hoping for quicker results I guess. Ha! So put it all together and that makes this mummy a very tired and maybe just maybe grumpy girl ........ at times. :)
What makes my day better is that this brave baby continues to be her happy, beautiful self every single day despite feeling so bad! We went out to get sushi last night and the waitress who knows Isabel by name now since we are weekly locals was saying hi to her and the waitress' reaction when Isabel smiled at her was priceless! She just let out a cute giggle and wanted so badly to just reach out and touch Isabel. It made Jason and and I laugh it was so cute! It's those moments that make me grateful for what we have!
We did take a great trip to Big Bear for Isabel's first time to the snow this past weekend! Maybe this didn't help her cold ?! I don't know! It was a very fun weekend getaway though. It was the three of us and Matt, Eirann and Ethan. Thanks to Patty and Larry for letting us stay at your cute 'cabbi on wheels' - loved it! Can't wait to go back!
I don't know what I was thinking but I guess I don't have a lot of pictures from the trip ... silly me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile