

Taking my friend Ethan's car for a ride
Letter to Isabel:
Happy 9 months to my sweet, beautiful girl,
Your abuela (my mum) has always said that 9 months is her favourite baby age and now I completely understand why! You are just 'blooming' - I can't find a better word to describe the changes that we have seen in you up to this memorable point. Your daddy describes it as "you are becoming a little human with an independent attitude" - I like his description too!
From being able to stand .. to imitating us with a few cute actions like clapping and being a little indian and not to mention the way that your facial features are constantly changing. I feel like I'm looking at a different baby when you wake up in the morning! That voice of yours is becoming louder and louder ... you are making all sorts of adorable sounds these days.
Back to that independent attitude I mentioned before ... well that has been apparent in moments where you tell me you do not want to go in your car seat by yelling and arching your back to the point that you pull your arms out of the straps (because I'm too slow to buckle you in) and grabbing onto the side of the seat while you squirm your body from side to side - did I mention you do this while yelling VERY LOUD. So now I have to be prepared with a distracting toy for you and hope that it works.
Aaargghh ... is this a sign of things to come??
But all that yelling aside we are having so much fun with you these days!
One of my favourite things lately happens when you take a bath or shower with daddy and I go in to say 'hi' through the glass bath door, I just love that excited expression you give complete with arms flapping and squealing sounds.
We can now start to feed you 'real' foods that we eat - I'm excited but sad at the same time.
It means that you are slowly becoming a 'big girl' but I just don't want to let go of your baby ways.
You are slowly becoming less 'gummy' with your 2 new bottom teeth that I"m sure have been hurting you as they make an appearance.
Thank you for giving us the best 9 months we could ever ask for! Can't wait for what's to come next. You have some great adventures coming up on your 10th and 11th months and I can't wait to share those moments with your aussie family.
We thank god everyday for the beautiful blessing that you are and for allowing us to be your parents.
We love you!
Stats from her 9 month Dr. appointment:
Weight: 18Lbs 3 Ounces (Just over 8 Kgs)
Height: 28" ( 71cm = pretty tall)
= Very Healthy!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments that make me smile