Friday, February 19, 2010

Disneyland with friends







Rewind to January 12 2010 : Jason's B'day and our quick trip to d-land.
Today was a fun day!
It almost didn't happen because I kept thinking that Isabel may miss out on her morning nap since I had to get there earlier than I had originally planned so that I could get signed in by our friend ... and no nap could lead to a not such enjoyable day. But I'm learning to stop worrying and just let things happen ... I get reminded of that constantly by my lovely husband however I guess I'm the type of person that I have to do it or live it before anyone's advice really sinks in - even more so when it comes to all things baby. So I had planned to wake Isabel up an hour earlier than usual to try and time her morning nap so she would be ready to go by 9:30am. Baby girl decided after only 45 minutes she was ready to go ... usually it's a 90 minute nap! But I said Oh well and left as planned.

On a completely different subject - Isabel has slept ALL night for the last two nights (Yippee!!) ... oh my gosh what a difference I good night's sleep makes! Gotta love how unpredictable life is these days :).

Anyway .... she had so much fun watching people and the disney chaos fun around her ... and just like the lady at the Baby care centre (where I nursed her ever so comfortably in that cozy, quiet room) said to her "there is so much to see it's like a giant mobile out there" ... so true!
She flashed that beautiful smile of hers to every single person that said 'hi' to her and just loved it when I took her out of her stroller to go inside the rides. She even got to meet the mouse himself .. Mickey! Here we are with our friends and Mickey.
She let out some huge yawns as we strolled out there but stayed awake until 3 minutes after she was buckled in her seat to start our short journey home - I look back because it was strangely quiet back there and she was fast asleep! Car rides are so much more enjoyable when you don't have a crying baby ....
To top our day off ... I happened to get a nice guy at the parking window when I left and he let me go without having to pay the parking fee! Yay!

By the way - Tooth number 2 is on it's way! We can see it!

**Note: this was actually Isabel's second time at Disneyland - the first was a very quick one on daddy's birthday but she didn't get to see or meet any of the characters that day **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile