Saturday, November 7, 2009

A great eater but a bad sleeper :(


Do I look my daddy in this pic or what ?



We decided to start giving Isabel her first solid food. After her 4 month appointment the doctor gave us the ok to feed her rice cereal if we felt she was still hungry so on Tuesday - she had her first rice cereal meal with breakfast and despite the mess she seemed to like it!
So since then I have been giving it to her once a day with success - next week we will start to feed her the cereal twice a day.
The video is quite long but cute!

Now to her recent sleeping issues ..... it seems our baby girl is not wanting to go to sleep on her own so easily as she did. This last week when I put her down for her naps and also at night she would rather yell as loud as she can instead of laying her head down ... no matter how tired she is! Just as I was getting used to the nice little day time routine we had going on and I was starting to predict when she would be down so I could do my things whether it be clean house or take a much needed nap! Instead she takes me by surprise by screaming the moment I lay her down and it seems like a long time after that .. that she finally closes her eyes and goes to dream land. Of course we did some reading and it seems like a common thing babies do around this age that they associate with a few different things: seperation anxiety, babies finding it difficult to deal with upcoming developmental stages (crawling, sitting up) and even the teeth!
For now the only thing that works is letting her cry it out for a few minutes and after that picking her up to soothe her to sleep .... this can take quite some time! Let's hope it passes - for now I have to practice some patience no matter how exhausted I may be.
As I write this daddy has her in his arms singing her a lovely lullaby .... filled with lyrics that he is making up as he goes about anything and everything!
He! He!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile